March 14, 2020

To the Members and Friends of Congregation Or Chadash,

The Board of Rabbis has met and made some recommendations that our Executive Board of COC has decided to follow.

We have canceled our Shabbat dinner on 20 March 2020 and Second Seder on 9 April 2020.

We have suspended our services in the next two weeks and will resume on Friday, 3 April 2020.

Minyan requests will be honored, though we hope that the number of people who attend is closer to 10 since our space is small. Please contact Rabbi Joe Murray if you need a minyan. (Next scheduled minyan is Tuesday, March 17th at 6:00pm)

Our response echoes what all other Temple communities and Jewish Organizations are doing in light of this health crisis.

With the median age of our community, I think this will be a wise decision.
I hope to see you all for Shabbat services on Friday, April 3, 2020 at 6pm.